Examples & Usage
Weekly account of OWFS progress
- 15 April 2005
- OWFS Version 2.1
- /bus.x directories (with cached in-device number)
- Improved adapter code in ow_ds9097U.c and ow_ds9490.c
- Updated ds1820, ds1921, ds2423
- Man page updates
- ds2413 supported
- In progress: ds1923(ds1922,ds2422), overdrive speed support
- Support simultaneous on all remote servers
- temploggerd source added to CVS
- Release of improved Linksys Router Binaries
- WRT54G firmware with owfs+fuse+rrdtool+temploggerd (based on ewrt-0.3)
- 12 February 2005
- PHP configuration and compilation working (Sebastian Zuther)
- Fix for badly handled /system/adapter
- Release of improved Linksys Router Binaries (Christian
- Python fixes (Peter Kropf)
- 4 February 2005
- Much progress!
- Support for the DS28E04-100 (with Serg Oskin's help) and DS2433
- Support for python by Peter Kropf (and others)
- Support for TCL by Serg Oskin
- Start of support for PHP by Sebastian Zuther
- Multiple output network ports supported for owhttpd and owserver
- Multiple input ports (buses) for owfs, owserver owhttpd
- Web site update automation by Peter Kropf
- FUSE and USB fixes bt Wim Heirman
- USB module forced unload for ds9490r.ko
- Commercial support for Linksys Router by David Lissiuk
- Router software release by Christian Magnusson
- Minor man page updates.
- 5 January 2005
- New WRT54G binaries, scripts and
- 14 December 2004
- Many changes!
- owperl, a perl interface to the 1-wire bus
- Further progress on embedded devices
- configuration improvements
- Daily buillds added (with compilation)
- Start of server interface for library (allows multiple
components to plug into server)
- Improvements to thermocouple code.
- Added FAQ.
- 9 Novemter 2004
- DS28E04-100 added to commands.html (command code table)
- 1 November 2004
- Thermocouple implementation improved
- Thermocouple curve fitting improved
- Thermocouple web pages
- Installation instructions
- DS2408 alarm triggers by Serg Oskin
- 21 October 2004
- 12 October 2004
- Fix embedded creation with Cristian Magnusson's help
- Fix DS18x20 problem with power attribute
- Fix simultaneous errors with Serg Oskin's help
- Fix errors in DS2423 counter
- Add data about the Linksys router
- 2 October 2004
directory for starting a temperature of voltage "conversion" for all
devices in a given directory
- alarm branch
- directory shake-up:
comsolidated into one mainline directory
directory shows supported family codes and properties
directory to change tunable parameters
- system directory
with environment and adapter information
- Adapter (like DS9097U) remoed from mainline devices and
placed in system directory.
- Internal redesign
- device directories now in binary tree.
- property directories still in sorted list
- separate tree for each type of device: real, statistics,
system, settings, structure(actually, uses real differently)
- improved file name parsing
- added flags to device and removed redundant enum.
- Thermocouple support
- 18 September 2004
- Initial support of the DS2760 (DS2761 DS2762)
- Proposal for rearranging file directory
- Extensive discussion of owsuper -- multiple clients.
- Bus fixes by Serg Oskin
- Release of 1.00
- 3 September 2004
- Add DS1923 Hygrochron to command code list.
- Change website documents to use an SSI header, allowing a
more consistent look.
- Add Christian Magnusson to the acknowledgement page.
- 29 August 2004
- Helped Christian Magnusson chase down multithread problems
with embedded platforms.
- Passed suggestion to FUSE.
- Implemented directory caching!
- Changed mutex type.
- cleaned up caching statistics
- split directory code to more manageable routines
- changed size of directory callback databuffer to make it more
- 25 August 2004
- Removed Sleepycat Berkely DB
- Switched caching to intrisic gcc tree
- extensive testing of caching
- improved caching statistics
- added statistics documentation
- made owhttpd and owftpd compilation conditional
- 14 August 2004
- Initial work on Java iButtons
- Multipage read and writes now handled by a device call back
-- device drivers don't need to check for trans-page requests
- Received Crystalfontz LCD panel. Design phase started.
- FTP work started.
- 8 August 2004
- PuceBaboon devices received. Tested. Works identically to
corresponding Dallas devices.
- Added pictures and analysis of PuceBaboon to website.
- 1 August 2004
- Cleaned up DS2438 read and writes
- Changed DS2423 reading to include CRC16 check.
- Moved address check to ow_read and ow_write to simplify device
- SOLVED protocol error -- write returns should be length, not
- 24 July 2004
- Trying to figure out "protocol error"
- Configuration improvements by Geo Carncross on libdb
- Cleaned up read and write offset code
- moved fstat (getattr) code from owfs to libow, where it belongs
- better file times
- 17 July 2004
- Working with Serg Oskin's patches for various devices.
- Added progress page
- 10 July 2004
- Added statistics documentation
after rearranging and fixing some of the statistical data.
- Worked on configuration support, especially libdb versioning.
- Geo Carncross came on board to work on configuration.
- Added acknowledgement page
for all the greatly appreciated help.
- 3 July 2004
- Fixed and tested the multithreading support